When it comes to beautiful living that emphasizes peace, tranquility and wellness, nothing sets the tone like bringing the experience of the outdoors into everyday living. Our philosophy is…“It’s a Lifestyle.” No one has more experience bringing the outdoors in than Sunbrella, whose high-performance fabrics deliver versatile, comfortable and durable options for stylish design from the backyard to the living room. Our partnership with Sunbrella combines Rowe’s wide assortment of custom furnishings with their many indoor/outdoor fabric offerings to provide endless possibilities for beautiful spaces with worry-free livability. We challenged East Coast designer Michelle Mancuso (Samantha Drew Interiors) to create a space that features our popular Robin Bruce Laney Sofa and Mally Chair in an elegant but easy-going environment.
Michelle’s coastal aesthetic presents a thoughtful mix of organic shapes and beach living inspired by her studio’s Florida and New York locations, encompassing the subtle palettes and tones of the ocean in all of her designs.
“Many of our projects are by the beach, so we appreciate the use of sandy-toned palettes and raw wood shapes,” says the designer, who also loves to maximize natural light in each location with the use of large windows and glass-paned doors. “Without a doubt, good lighting is essential,” adds Michelle. Her effortlessly chic living space bathes this room in sunlight, highlighting the graceful and welcoming lines of our Laney Sofa and a pair of Mally Chairs. “These pieces crave a space that will be used often and cared for dearly,” says the designer, inspired by thoughts of the families who would use this sofa and chairs well and appreciate their inviting nature. “The depth of the sofa is asking us all to cozy up for an afternoon cup of tea,” says Michelle. The comfortably casual bench seating and abundant back cushions of the Laney Sofa are perfectly complemented by the transitional elegance of the Mally Chairs’ subtle curves. Upholstered in crisp white Sunbrella performance fabric, our sofa and chairs contribute to the overall light and breezy feeling of the room, creating a space that fits seamlessly into its coastal surroundings.
The sheer versatility of Rowe’s custom furnishings combined with Sunbrella’s durable beauty offers endless potential for spaces that deliver design without compromise.
Often working in her preferred palette of neutrals with subtle accents of color, Michelle feels “it would be incredibly difficult to accomplish the designs we love most if it weren’t for Sunbrella’s high-performance fabrics.” The designer considers having the confidence to source white fabric to a client with young children and endless beach days ahead a welcome breath of fresh air in a world of truly impossible-to-clean fabrics. Whether destined to be a space for adult entertaining or a cozy nest for family time, Michelle’s relaxed yet elegant approach is a perfect match for Sunbrella’s long-lasting softness and style.
Pro-Tips: How Michelle Brings the Outdoors In
- Location – Bringing the “outdoors inside” requires being aware of the location of the space, being intentional to use organic design elements in a way that makes sense to the environment of the home.
- Palette – Color selection should refer to the space’s surroundings, drawing on nature for inspiration.
- Greenery – The use of plants both faux and real brings life to any room, a go-to for any space needing a little lift.
Top 3 Things Michelle Loves about Working with Sunbrella
- Selection – Our whole team is excited about the fabric selections Sunbrella offers and is quick to recommend them to everyone!
- Performance – To be so excited about a performance fabric that looks, feels, and acts to the standards we expect for our clients is encouraging.
- Luxury – Often we work with clients who have beach homes and want the luxury of upholstered fabrics without the worry of how they will respond to those long beach days or sandy-toed kids. Being able to provide an option we love and trust is a gift and something our design team appreciates.
Why She Loves Working with Rowe
Rowe is a company that truly cares about the designers that use their pieces. They give us the resources to create spaces we can all appreciate. Their designs are timeless and our confidence in the quality has yet to waiver. We love Rowe!